Modular lighting systems are good because (a) they cover so many aspects of diving; and (b) they grow with the diver's needs.
From a compact, lightweight travel torch through to a device that can cope with a multi-hour technical dive.
The latest version is from Dive Rite.
Their HP50 easily converts from a hand held to an expedition canister and you can use the same light head with both!
It has a useful depth rating of 125 mt / 500 ft with the Cree XLamp XHP50.2 LED producing over 3,500 lumens and 100-hour burn time (low setting, expedition canister).
The HP50 does not gobble up your luggage allowance either. It weights in, ready to dive, at 0.65kg / 1.4lbs for the hand held model, or 1.87kg / 4.1lbs for the expedition canister.
Divers can augment their systems with a choice of two canisters, a soft Goodman handle, a quick-release mount and a wired canister adaptor.
- Cree XLamp XHP50.2 LED driven @ 24W produces over 3500 lumens @ 6500 Kelvin
- Beam Angle: 10-degree spot
- Magnetic rotary switch activated
- Integrated microprocessor control unit monitors temperature and battery voltage
- Blinks 3 times to indicate low battery and automatically steps output down to increase usable burn time
- Four output modes: high power, medium power, low power, and strobe
- Durable CNC machined Delrin and hard-coat anodized aluminum body construction
- Improved heat sinking and cross drilled light head allows water flow through and provides a direct thermal path from the back side of the LED chip to the water for maximum output and efficiency
- Depth Rating: 152 mt / 500 ft
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA