The fifth edition of the annual Rebreather Meeting in Ponza Island, in the Mediterranean off the Italian mainland, is to be held on 4-7 May 2017.
Good diving, good food and a chance to try-dive some new equipment and listen to presentations from leading researchers and technical divers.
Package deals include transfers from Rome.
Ponza is the largest island of the Italian Pontine Islands archipelago, located 33 km south of Cape Circeo in the Tyrrhenian Sea. The town of Ponza is a pictoresque fishing and boating port with several large docks that can accommodate large ships. Its biggest industry is tourism followed by boatbuilding, boat repair and fishing.
It also has an excellent diving center which caters for both recreational and technical divers.
In 2014 we published our feature, Ponza Island — The Isle of Circe the Sorceress contributed by renowned Swiss photo-pro Franco Bianfi.
This article (shown on the right), which includes all the underwater imagery not included in the gallery above. can be downloaded as pdf.
Currently the following speakers have been confirmed
- Pasquale Longobardi, medical Director Centro Iperbarico Ravenna and President of SIMSI
- Mark Powell, CCR Instructor
- Phil Short, CCR Instructor
- David Thompson, one of the most experts in CCR designing
- Simon Mitchell, Associate Professor Department of Anaesthesiology Aukland University
- Alessandro Marroni, DAN Europe President
- Gabriele Paparo, CCR Divers
- Claudio Carnello, technical SIAD gas
- Matteo Amadori, MPS Technology gas boosters
Dan Europe will set up a Medical research field;
During the dive you can test:
- Scooters by SUEX
- Dry Suit, vest and gloves heated by SANTI Diving
- Torches by XDIVE
List of presentations to be amended