A major international event that, since its inception in 1999, has highlighted the adventure and excitement inherent in diving. OZTeK - the Australian Diving Technologies Conference and Exhibition - continues to play a key role in creating broad awareness of new techniques and technologies which transform and push back the boundaries of underwater knowledge.
Produced by Divers for Divers and Exhibitors, the OZTeK Conference and Dive Exhibition offers unique insights into the entire world of underwater adventure by encouraging a better understanding of all diving has to offer. OZTek is a genuinely awe-inspiring weekend of talks, films, debate and laughter with diving’s international A-list – minus any red carpet barotrauma and elitism.
If you are interested in adventure, exploration, excitement, new technology and listening to amazing feats of daring – OZTek will not disappoint.
The action-packed weekend includes:
• Real-life adventure & exploration told by those who succeeded and survived. Rub shoulders, literally, with remarkably accomplished, brave, intelligent and passionate boundary-pushers. Established since 1999, OZTek is the gathering place for the world’s extreme divers to showcase their adventures and promote the gear that got them there.
• A full-scale dive exhibition. OZTek showcases the equipment and training techniques designed to keep you safely below the surface for as long as possible. Be it warmer wetsuits, better buoyancy control skills, more streamlined BCs, redundant instruments, careful dive planning or gases mixed to stage more efficient decompression.
Touch, feel and ask questions from the experts. Everything divers require; from cameras to compressors, regulators to rebreathers, snorkels to scooters, face masks to fins. Big or little - it'll be on display;
• Dive travel to take your breath away and soar the spirit. Discover your next travel destination with liveaboards, resorts and awesome dive sites waiting to be unearthed;
• Dive Training. Dive training is the wave you’ll want to ride after the OZTek experience. Chat with those who invented technical & recreational dive training. Sign up with the best instructors in the field. Just come & find more – no pressure, just curiosity! Debunk those ‘tekkie’ myths for yourself and get excited about what’s possible.
• Underwater Photography – Unbelievable, amazing, brilliant, awesome images on display from world class photographers, as well as the winners of the 2017 OZTek 2017 Underwater Imagery competition (to be announced later this year);
• OZTek2017 Gala Dinner at The Aerial Centre UTS, in exciting inner city, with scenic city views across the City and the ANZAC bridge, completes the weekend.
A ticketed event including a magnificent meal, unlimited beers, wines and soft drinks, guest speakers and the presentation of the OZTek2017 Awards (nominations will be called for in early 2016). Relax, socialise and unwind - the perfect finish to a memorable weekend.
Already attracting strong interest from exhibitors keen to tap into a quality audience of passionate and dedicated divers with a proven willingness to invest in equipment and travel, OZTek2017 offers an inspirational journey into the entire world of diving adventure and excitement.